Friday, July 5, 2013

I Will Go Down with this Ship

It's true, I might be a little too involved in my favorite celebrity's lives, but I don't think that makes me a bad person. So what if I can name every episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. but not be able to recall all 50 states? Hollywood's pain is my pain and I'm still eating cartons of ice cream over the failed relationships of Tinseltown. 
So here are the most depressing break-ups(both real and fictional) that I'm still not over and will forever 'ship'.

*'Ship' or 'Shipping'-N:Short for romantic relationship, popularized in
 fanfiction circles. 
V: To endorse a romantic relationship. 

1. Britney and Justin
It's been 11 years, she's married twice, two kids; and he is married to the ever-so-boring Jessica Biel, but I'm still rooting for the day these two find their way back to each other. She was a teen queen and he was a boy band dreamboat. It's a match made in 90s heaven and this couple needs to make a comeback. 


2. Brad and Jen
At this point Brad and Angelina have been together longer than Brad and Jen were ever an item, but my heart still aches. I mean, who breaks-up with America's Sweetheart for a woman who clearly took the 'buy two get one free' sign at the orphanage a little too seriously?
Every time I watch the F.R.I.E.N.D.S Thanksgiving episode, "The One with the Rumor" and Brad Pitt is the guest star, I can hear my heart whimper when I remind myself that they are no longer together. 

And let's be honest, Jen is TOTALLY aging way better than Angie. She looks like a Greek Goddess. 

*Cries and screams into pillow*

3. Eric and Sookie
Now, this one is a fictional break-up, but nonetheless. 
True Blood has got to be one of the sexiest shows to have ever existed and I will forever and always be eternally grateful for it introducing me to Alexander Skarsgard/Eric Northman. While Ms. Sookie Stackhouse may personally annoy the bajesus out of me, I will never not 'ship' them as a couple. 
Since many of you probably don't know anything about this show, just know that basically there is a love triangle between Bill Compton, Sookie, and Eric. (Because a love triangle is as original as it gets nowadays.) Bill was her first love and they were together for the first 3 seasons, then she and Eric have a tryst in the 4th and now they're not together. I basically think the Eric Northman is the greatest thing since white bread, but then again the fact that I think that probably means I need extensive therapy.(If you watch the show you'll understand why.) 


4. Leo and Kate
Alright, so TECHNICALLY these two never actually broke-up, because they were never a couple, but seriously? What the heck people? THESE TWO ARE CLEARLY MEANT TO BE!! I don't even care that she's currently newly married with a baby on the way and that Leo seems to have a babysitting complex with all the 20 year olds that he hangs around with- if there were any two people more perfectly suited together it would be these two(minus me and Mr. Skarsgard. Clearly we're soulmates and he just doesn't know it yet.) 
These two are freaking BFFs and Kate's kids even call him 'uncle Leo' 

"DiCaprio revealed just how close he and Winslet have become since they formed what he describes as an 
'unbreakable bond' during the making of the hit film titanic in 1997.

it has been, he told me in our previous meetings before the wedding, a relationship of laughter and tears all the way.“she’s one of my closest friends and feels we can say anything to each other,” http://www.express.co.uk

COME OOOONNNN!!!

Look at how happy he is for her when she won her Golden Globe!
LOOK AT HIM BLOWIN' HER A KISS!!
Get it together, you two!

5. Russell and Katy
I was rooting for this couple hardcore, y'all. When I found out they were dating I was just overcome with joy and then when I found out they got married it just did me in. But in early 2012 they announced their impending divorce and my world came crashing down. Perhaps I'm being a tad dramatic, but I was upset. I thought they were just precious. He- the funny former bad boy- and her the cutie little pop star. I wish these two crazy kids could've worked it out.


6. Kim and Kris
No split came as a bigger surprise than Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries. She is just such a kind and giving human being and not AT ALL a self-involved little princess. Then there is Kris, who is clearly the smartest man who has ever walked this earth and knew that his little Kimmy was the girl of his dreams. Their 72-day marriage was in no way insulting to the sanctity of marriage.


I'm clearly kidding. This was a train wreck waiting to happen and is the only reason I actually enjoyed watching Kim&Kourtney Take New York, so I could see the downward spiral of their relationship that would inevitably happen. 


Well, minus the Kim and Kris relationship, I will always remember these amazing couples and 'ship' them until the end of my days. 
Still rooting for you guys!