Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Ain't Even Mad: Part Three

In my final installment of guilty pleasures it will be exploring the wonderful world of television. I will be upfront and honest and say that I have horrible taste in television. With the exception of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and MMAAYYBBBEE True Blood, I'm pretty sure everything else I watch is total garbage. 


1. America's Next Top Model (2003-)


This show is amazeballs. No matter what, it ALWAYS sucks me in. 13 girls stuck in a house competing for the a chance to become a model? SIGN ME UP. Ironically though, you'd think by watching all these skinny biznitches trying to be models would make me want to get off my butt and try to be more proactive in my weight loss, but NOOOPPEEE. Once I see that 12 hour marathon on the STYLE NETWORK I sit my little tooch down and grab me a big bowl of ice cream and go to town. 
While Tyra may not approve, I still know that I'm


2. Flavor of Love (2006-2008)


Ohmygosh this show is the definition of horrible. It's basically the ghetto version of The Bachelor and I couldn't get enough. 20 women fighting over the affections of a 50-something rapper from the 90s? Total nonsense. And, of course, the majority of the women hated each other and while most of the time constant fighting and yelling on shows gives me slight anxiety, on here it just made me cackle. And while mister Flav did choose a woman to be his girlfriend(by presenting her with gold grillz, might I add) he inevitably had to do TWO more seasons of his show to find a lady love. Apparently third time was NOT the charm and he didn't stay with his final choice and must've realized that maybe, just maybe, a reality dating show wasn't the best way to finding a soulmate.


3. Rock of Love (2007-2008)


This show was basically the exact same as Flavor of Love just instead it was a hasbeen rock star instead of rapper.

4. The Hills (2006-2010)


This is was the best 'reality' TV show ever. Period. The daily dramas of privileged, upper class white females and the boys that were introduced to us. 
First, the ever-so-famous Spencer Pratt. 

Mmmmm, just look at that sexy flesh beard. No wonder Heidi married him........

Probably the Anti-Christ we've been warned about. All Hell broke loose when Miss Heidi Montag started dating him and we watched her beloved friendship with the adorable and the most perfect human being on the planet, Lauren Conrad, crumble to pieces.

Cheese and rice, even her mascara runs perfectly. 

Then along came Justin-Bobby


"A man so great they named him twice."
This little hoodrat was Audrina's first love and became a regular on the show with their stupid issues. She always would complain that their relationship wouldn't move forward when clearly he was just too busy stealing his clothes from a homeless man. (and let's be honest, the only man who can dress like a hobo and still be sexy is Johnny Depp, sorry JB). 

And we mustn't forget about the amazing and insightful quotes.




I don't even care that this show was a total sham, doesn't mean I wasn't ecstatic when MTV did their 'Retro Brunch' and replayed the entire series a couple weeks ago.

5. The O.C. (2003-2007)


Poor, poor little Ryan Atwood. Living in a broken home and just not having much luck in life when a kind-hearted lawyer decides to bring him into his home where he becomes friends with the geeky, Seth Cohen(swoon) and lives next to Marissa Cooper and falls head-over-heels. Pretty soon her bffl, Summer, comes into the picture and she and Seth become one of the most adorable couples on television.
Meanwhile, we're all subjected to the dramatic doings of Orange County where there's death, drugs, sex, and experimenting. You know, normal teenage stuff, obviously. 
I don't even understand how I watched this. Oh yeah, I know why:

6. Gossip Girl (2007-2012)


Clearly, after The O.C. got canceled, the CW needed to fill the teen drama void and thus, Gossip Girl was born. Instead of paying attention to the rich youth of the west coast, now we're enjoying the problems of the entitled teens of the Upper East Side in NYC. 
Initially, this show was centered around Serena van der Woodsen and her frenemy relationship with Blair Waldorf. While you can tell the main focus was supposed to be on Serena and her love life(mainly with outsider, Dan Humphrey, and golden boy, Nate Archibald.) quickly the show became centered on one of the greatest couples of TV, Blair and Chuck. 


And for real, Blair was so much better than Serena. Sorry Blake Lively, but we all just care about Leighton Meester. 

Story of my life. 

7. Spongebob Squarepants (1999-)



I know I'm not even close to alone when I say that I'm 20(almost 21) and still watch this show. This is one of the greatest kid shows that has ever graced the television and it still makes me laugh. (Not the new episodes though. Those are terrible.) 

Morning pep talk
Best reaction face ever.
Best friendship ever.

8. MTV's Catfish (2012-)


This has just sucked me in. It's probably not even technically that bad, but just because it's on MTV it brings a sense of shame with it. It's a show surrounding these two guys who go around helping people find out if their in an online relationship with who they think they are. This show is just baffling and completely cray cray. 

9. Long Island Medium (2011-)


OH. MY. GOSH. No show has ever made me sob so much in my entire life. I literally can't get through an episode without crying hysterically. 

Me at the beginning of the episode:


Me in the middle:


By the end:


10. I Love Lucy (1951-1957)


This isn't even remotely bad. The only reason I have it on this list is because it's not generally a popular show now-a-days. I'm absolutely obsessed. While I do enjoy the dramatics of the other shows, I enjoy the simplicity and innocence of this show and just this whole time period in general. 
Lucy and Ricky are one of the most famous couples ever and the daily antics with them and their neighbors, Fred and Ethel, made for some classic TV moments and make it clear why this show has become such an iconic staple in our country. 





"I Love Lucy was never just a title." 
--Desi Arnaz